Tuesday

Why Study On-line?

HiRes (3)

TRADITIONAL OR VIDEO BASED ON-LINE LEARNING?

Traditional or "face to face" landscape design schools require you to attend classes in person, whilst a video based online garden design program offers all of the coursework through an online learning environment. Traditional programs require you to attend school on specific days and times, with classes varying in size from 5 - 40 students. Video based on-line programs such as those at Oxford College of Garden Design provide courses that can be taken 24/7, with class sizes limited to a maximum of 10 students per tutor. Tutor and student interaction in these programs occurs via our virtual classroom with webinars, VOIP, email, and other technologies, so that you are not required to be “in class” at any specific time.

Here are some other considerations when choosing between the more traditional garden schools and the online program at the Oxford College of Garden Design:
 

Traditional schools

Oxford College
Online Diploma

Will my course equip me to practise as a professional garden designer?

Sometimes

Yes

Can I continue to work full time?

No

Yes

Will I have to give up my salary?

Usually

No

Can I continue to earn a living while starting my new business?

Sometimes

Yes

Can I study whenever and where ever I want?

No

Yes

Can I repeat my lectures?

No

Yes

Can I extend my course for up to 36 months?

No

Yes

Are my tutors working designers?

Sometimes

Yes

24/7 access to course materials?

No

Yes

Daily access to my tutors and classmates?

Sometimes

Yes

Multimedia instructional videos?

No

Yes

Group discussions and 1-2-1 critiques?

Sometimes

Yes

Flexible hand in dates?

Sometimes

Yes

Classmates from around the world?

Sometimes

Yes

Able to ask questions 24/7?

No

Yes

Will I have train/petrol parking expenses?

Usually

No

Will I have to spend time commuting?

Usually

No

This is not a correspondence course delivered online. This is the world’s first and only video based course where you get exactly the same lectures via the internet as you would if you were sitting in the classroom in person.